Top 10 Reasons to consider starting a house calls practice:
- Parents are tired of conveyor belt medicine.
- Parents are looking for a more convenient approach to care.
- Parents are tired of long waiting room times.
- Parents want to avoid unnecessary exposures in office settings.
- Doctors are tired of conveyor belt medicine.
- Doctors are looking for a way to practice with more freedom and flexibility that doesn’t require them to take out a second mortgage on their home to open a practice. (Didn’t we already go into a ton of debt just to get to this point??)
- Doctors are craving passion and purpose in our work.
- Simplicity is key and potential for innovation is limitless.
- Overhead costs are low, allowing for more time with patients.
- It just makes sense.
Dr. DuMond’s story…
- 2000 AOA graduate of West Virginia University School of Medicine
- Completed Pediatrics Residency at Carolinas Medical Center in Charlotte, NC in 2003.
- Practiced general pediatrics in a private office-based practice in the Lake Norman (Charlotte) area until 2011.
- Founded Pediatric Housecalls, PLLC in 2011 http://www.pedshousecalls.com
- Has grown Pediatric Housecalls from a solo practice to employing a team of 8, providing care in over 30 zipcodes, expanding into South Carolina in 2019, has formed strategic partnerships with ancillary services to enhance patient care, and continues to plan for ongoing growth with expansion into new markets.
What I hear from doctors every day, reaching out to talk about how to do something similar:
- I don’t have any business experience.
- I don’t even know where to start.
- How much does it cost to open a house calls practice?
- Do I need to form a corporation? An S-Corp? A C-Corp?
- Do I need a healthcare CPA?
- What about an attorney?
- How do I do billing and collections?
- What if I want to be cash-pay only?
- What if I want to accept insurance?
- How much money can I make doing this?
- How do I market my practice?
- What EMR system should I use?
- How do I handle scheduling?
If any of this rings familiar, I would genuinely like to help you get started. There is no need to re-invent the wheel. I can share my story of starting and course-correcting numerous times until finally finding the structure and formula that works. I honestly love what I do and can’t envision ever going back to traditional office medicine again. I see patients, I never miss my kids’ soccer games/school events/etc. because I can fit my work schedule around my personal life. It truly feels like the best of both worlds.
Contact me for more information about 1:1 business coaching at email@example.com
Click here to view coaching packages